About Chicago Urban Art Society
[ Space History ]
CUAS has a history of interaction with community organizations in an effort to upload the organizations mission and identity as a community-wide forum for the exchange of art, ideas and culture. Organizations, businesses and many other private corporations and institutions have utilized CUAS’s low-cost rental fees and pleasing mixed-use venue. CUAS is a non-profit, volunteer based organization operating in Pilsen’s Creative Industry District.
[ Facilities ]
• 2,400 square ft. gallery space
• Located on Cermak Road in the Pilsen community
• Elevator accessible building
• Private entrance on Cermak Road if required
• Multi-stalled, gendered restrooms with one private restroom in the gallery
• Convenient, non-metered street and lot parking
• Additional parking lot available (inquire about cost)
• Central air conditioning and heating
• Accessible loading dock
• Industrial/warehouse interior
• Art gallery lighting with dimmers
• No preferred vendor list, we offer recommendations
• General liability insurance
• Special indoor, non-profit city of Chicago license
• Limited liability license / Non-Profit Exemption
• Special rates for Non-Profit Organizations
[ Rental Events May Include ]
Fundraisers, weddings, launch parties, receptions, book release/signing, conferences, workshops, paneled discussions, arts programming, film screenings, board meetings, one-day art displays, pop-up dinners, family oriented events, photography sessions, among other approved events.
*An exhibition may be on display during your event. Please inquire!
Flexible, weekdays and weekends.
600 West Cermak Road, Chicago, Illinois , United States